
For quite some while now I've been dying to have some yummy Japanese food. With much desire but not knowing how I finally mustard up some courage to try to make some. I love to cook but I'm not out to make something that's already been perfected any better so I don't venture out very often, just on things I know can turn out how I would like them. Enough said, I made a simple attempt to make chicken terriyaki and vegetable tempura with it's delicious dipping sauce. Since I make the chicken quite often my real attempt was to just have the tempura turn out. Now for all you who are wondering what tempura is, it's just some Japanese style battered veggies and then fried. We were lucky to still have some veggies from our garden so I was hoping for the best. I sent everyone to play outside to have some quiet thinking time as I followed instructions and TA-DA!!! It turned out very delicious and just as I would have had at any given restaurant. My days of craving Japanese food are over and I'm moving one step closer to my favorite...sushi and sashimi! I'm not trying to out do Grant in any way, he's bread was awesome this was just a real good change.
p.s. the dipping sause was Great!
2 comments:
looks way way yummy, i wanna know how you do your chicken.
We LOVE making Sushi! you guys should come over and and we should make it!
It's no shock that your Japanese food was awesome. All of your cooking "attempts" are fantastic!
Post a Comment